Wednesday, November 16, 2011

( musical interlude )


I often throw an old William Fitzsimmons track or two on the shop mix and it hits me like a wave of outer space peace at an unexpected moment of a ridiculous day.  Is it weird to be comforted and calmed by a depressing song?  One of my best friends once told me I have a melancholic personality.  I never studied that strand of Personality Typing so to this day I'm not for sure sure what she was telling me -- (I should look that up) -- but I always remember it when I'm richly encountering a sad song or an Anglican flavoured church service in a minor key or a bleak landscape or a grey day...  

My last entry was about crossing paths with things in dark places that you probably don't want to... but I think there's a lot of treasure to find in "dark" places as well.  Some of my best spoils have been procured in voids and chasms many would dread to enter; ones some of me wants to forget -- expeditions gone awry... several I had no choice in taking.  

I don't think it's bad to be kindred spirits with melancholy pieces of this world.  They're some of the most honest things you'll meet. 



for those who have ears to hear

No comments: